Show reviews that mention
paper subscription service customer week customer service gift card delivery request online
Filter review

The L. A. Times has different undetectable subscription prices

i just renewed my 1 year L. A. Times subscription at $103.80. The invoice they had sent me was for $150.50. I phoned them and negotiated it down to $130.00, then finally negotiated it to $103.80. Does anyone know what their lowest priced 1 year 7 day a week subscription actually is? I feel like i am dealing with a used car salesman since I don't feel comfortable that I am not paying twice the price that my neighbor is paying. I phoned about the invoice price: $150.60 negotiated to:$130.00 negotiated to:$119.60 negotiated to:$103.80 I accepted this offer but wonder if my neighbor is paying much less because he may be a better negotiator with more patience. It is like dealing with a snake oil salesman

I am an 84 year old senior and recentliy applied for WinZip on my computer only to find I was unable to download it properly. So, I asked to cancel the service and they indicated they would not refund my payment and will continue to take payments even tho I am not using the service. Unfortunately, this was the second time I have done this...*** of me, of course, but no reason not to refund payments taken and to stop those in the future.

I would suggest that folks avoid the service unless really computer efficient!

11/22/2012, No paper was delivered two phone calls later and both with promises to have it delivered and still no paper. Friday complained gave excuse of the papers were delay for delivery until after 9:30 am, funny calls made at 8:50 & 10:50 am on 11/22/12 and still no paper!

Tribune gave that lame excuse also but at least I got a partial paper from them! The only black Friday adds in that paper was Wal-Mart, Sears, Macy’s, Walgreens, and *** & Big Five. I verified with others in areas not affected by delay deliveries that there papers were loaded with BLACK FRIDAY ADVERTISEMENTS! I’m disgusted with both papers at this point and thank you for ruining my family’s BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!

Today’s LA times had a stop thief notice in it, what a joke there was no thief of our paper someone just failed to deliver it in the first place! It appears they ripped off the RETAILERS by failing to deliver their advertisements to potential shoppers with a paid subscription service to either of these papers.

View more comments (1)
ID
Los Angeles, California

LA Times lack of customer service

Non-delivery of Sunday paper (as has happened at least a half dozen times this year) compounded by false promises of redelivery. 6 phone calls for redelivery the last time brought insincere apologies and empty promises of redelivery that day and each subsequent day following (through Thursday). Even supervisors promised to directly issue a redelivery request and circumvent an auto-request system; neither followed through on their empty promises. This was even after I warned that I would not be calling back a seventh time and would file a complaint with BBB. Basically they are stealing my money by not delivering the paper and also by depriving me of coupons that I use on weekly shopping trips. Most significantly, the representatives seem to laugh behind your back while lying directly to your face. I can't imagine worse customer service than this; they don't deliver, say they will time and again, and never deliver, even the supervisors. They thumb their noses at the BBB as well as their customers.
ID